Legacy giving is about making a difference through a planned charitable gift. The Wings of Hope Hospice Legacy supporters are diverse and come from all walks of life. Yet, they have one common interest – to ensure that quality, compassionate hospice care will be available for future generations.
When you make a legacy gift to Wings of Hope Hospice, you may recognize significant charitable tax deductions and other benefits. More importantly, you will know you are helping to bring dignity and comfort to individuals and families when compassionate care is needed most.
Easy Ways to Leave a Legacy
There are many ways to make a Legacy gift. Here are a few simple options that can make a significant difference.
- Stocks, bonds and mutual funds
- Real estate
- Life insurance – A simple change in beneficiary can direct your life insurance policy to Wings of Hope Hospice.
- Retirement Accounts (IRA, 401k, 403b, Simple IRA, etc.)
- Wings of Hope Hospice can be designated as a primary or secondary beneficiary
- The IRA Charitable Rollover, as of 2016, has been made permanent. If you are 70 1/2 years or older and want to make a gift without federal tax liability this is a great way to give. Your gift is tax free up to $100,000 per year.
- “In Trust” Accounts: Any bank account or stock account in your name can be set up “In trust for Wings of Hope Hospice.” You retain exclusive control of the account during your lifetime. Upon your death, the account passes to Hospice without probate or tax.
- Bequests: Through a bequest, you can make a provision for Wings of Hope Hospice in your Will or Living Trust for a specific dollar amount, specific asset or a percentage of your estate.
- Gifts that generate income for life: You may choose to create a charitable gift annuity and receive fixed payments for life in return for your contribution.
Wings of Hope Hospice is a tax exempt organization. This means gifting taxable resources to Wings of Hope benefits you and our mission! Certain gifts have tax implications that can help you protect more of your estate for your family and give more to Wings of Hope. For example, a life insurance benefit is generally not taxable, whereas most retirement account distributions are.
We are happy to meet with you to talk through specific options that you might like to consider. There are no obligations on your end; just the opportunity to learn more about maximizing your legacy. The material presented on this website is not offered as legal or tax advice. We leave the technical expertise in planned giving to the professionals such as our local community foundation and industry professionals such as attorneys, financial advisors and tax advisors. We urge you to seek the advice of your tax advisor, attorney and/or financial planner to make certain a contemplated gift fits well into your overall circumstances and planning.
Information for Attorneys and Other Professionals
Wings of Hope Hospice encourages a full range of charitable gift planning options. Wings of Hope Hospice, its employees or representatives, do not offer legal or financial advice. We strongly urge prospective donors to consult with their attorney, financial advisor, estate planning professional, accountant or other appropriate professionals before making any material decisions based on information we provide through this website, printed materials or other sources. We welcome the opportunity to work with you in helping your clients identify tax-wise and beneficial ways to support Wings of Hope Hospice’s charitable not-for- profit mission. Please feel free to contact us directly for information or assistance on a confidential basis.
Please contact Betty Jo Ferry, Director of Development at 269-686- 8659 for more information.
Legal name: Wings of Hope Hospice & Palliative Care, Inc.
Tax ID number 38-2453558