Is it Time?
Living with People We Love.
Checklist: How Do I Know When It’s Time?
One of the most difficult things for a family to decide is when it’s time to use the services of hospice, and most people wait too long. Review the list of symptoms below to help evaluate if someone you love may qualify for services.
Have you noticed any of the following conditions?
- Weight loss
- Decreased appetite
- Eating/drinking less
- Breathing harder
- Frequent pneumonia or other infections
- Pain that requires more and more medication
- Sores that do not heal
- Cannot carry on normal activity
- Spend most of the day in bed
- Difficulty swallowing
- Frequent trips to the doctor or emergency room
- Need help with: Walking –Bathing – Dressing – Eating